I know Simon, and Simon knows me. [A couple of rogues.]
我认识西蒙,西蒙也认识我。(两个流氓。)
I know Simon, and Simon knows me. [A couple of rogues.]
我认识西蒙,西蒙也认识我。(两个流氓。)
I prefer death to disgrace.
我宁死不屈。
I regret that I have given what I have.
我后悔我已经付出了我所拥有的。
I shall paint you in your own colours. [Take you according to your own showing.]
我要用你自己的颜色来描绘你。[根据你自己的表现来选择你。]
I simply state what I have heard.
我只是陈述我所听到的。
I speak of garlic, you reply about onions. [I speak of one thing, you reply what is wholly irrelevant.]
我说大蒜,你说洋葱。(我说的是一件事,你的回答完全无关紧要。)
I wish I were at home. [Oh! that I were out of this mess and in safety.]
我希望我在家里。(哦!我安全的走出了困境。
I would not purchase it at the price of a rotten nut.
我不会以一颗烂坚果的价格买它。
I would rather be in an apple-tree, than a bad man in distress.
我宁愿呆在苹果树上,也不愿做一个受苦的坏人。
I would rather buy than beg.
我宁愿买也不愿乞讨。
Idleness is ever the root of indecision.
懒惰永远是优柔寡断的根源。
If I wrestle with a filthy thing, win or lose, I shall be defiled.
我若与污秽人摔跤,或赢或输,我就污秽了。
If a man falls in love with a frog, he thinks his frog a very Diana.
如果一个男人爱上了一只青蛙,他会认为他的青蛙很像戴安娜。
If all men were on an equality, the consequence would be that all must perish: for who would till the ground? who would sow it? Who would plant? who would press wine?.
如果所有的人都是平等的,其结果将是所有的人都必须灭亡,因为谁会耕地呢?谁来播种呢?谁会工厂?谁来压榨葡萄酒?
If being well bearded brings happiness. a he-goat must be happier than any of us.
如果留好胡子能带来幸福。公山羊一定比我们任何人都幸福。