If you cannot drive an ox, drive a donkey.
如果你不会赶牛,就赶驴。
If you cannot drive an ox, drive a donkey.
如果你不会赶牛,就赶驴。
If you care for the court, the court will bring cares for you.
如果你关心法庭,法庭就会关心你。
If you desire peace, be ever prepared for war.
如果你渴望和平,就要随时准备战争。
If you say that he is guilty of ingratitude, you need say no more.
如果你说他忘恩负义,你就不必再说了。
If you share your friend's crime, you make it your own.
如果你和你朋友犯了同样的罪,那么你也犯了同样的罪。
If you sit on a seat, and that seat is a comfortable seat, sit on that seat, and do not leave that seat.
如果你坐在一个座位上,而且那个座位很舒服,那么就坐在那个座位上,不要离开那个座位。
If you snooze, you loose.
如果你打盹,你就会放松。
If you strike a goad with your fist, your hand will suffer most.
如果你用拳头去打一根刺,你的手会受到最大的伤害。
If you wish another to keep your secret, first keep it yourself.
如果你希望别人保守你的秘密,首先要自己保守。
If you would resemble the vulture, look out for a carcase. [Wait for dead men's shoes.]
如果你想长得像秃鹰,那就找一具尸体吧。[等死男人的鞋子。]
If your conduct be noble, you will be a king.
如果你的行为高尚,你就会成为国王。
Ill weeds grows apace.
恶草长得快。
Ill words are bellows to a slackening fire.
恶言如风箱,火越烧越旺。
Imitate the snail in deliberation, the bird in execution.
慎思如蜗牛,慎思如鸟。
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
模仿是最真诚的奉承。