Wisdom is in the head and not in the beard.
智慧在头脑里,不在胡子里。
Wisdom is in the head and not in the beard.
智慧在头脑里,不在胡子里。
Work is half of health.
工作是健康的一半。
Work sweetens the sleep.
工作使睡眠更香甜。
Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.
忧虑常使小事蒙上阴影。
Worrying never did anyone any good.
忧虑对任何人都没有好处。
You can't teach old dogs to sit.
老狗坐不住。
You cannot ask more of an ox than a steak.
你对一头牛的要求不可能超过一块牛排。
You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.
你无法阻止悲伤之鸟飞过你的头顶,但你可以阻止它们在你的头发上筑巢。
You don't know what may happen before evening.
你不知道晚上之前会发生什么。
You don't miss the cow until the stall is empty.
直到牛栏空了,你才会错过那头牛。
You must take the chance to forge whilst the iron is hot.
你必须抓住机会趁热打铁。
You never wait too long, when you wait for something good.
当你等待好的东西时,你永远不会等太久。
You should not paint the devil on the wall.
你不应该把魔鬼画在墙上。
You shouldn't saw off the branch you're sitting on.
你不应该把你坐着的树枝锯掉。