Virtue subdues power.
美德制服。
Virtue subdues power.
美德制服。
Virtue would not go far, if a little vanity walked not with it.
如果没有一点虚荣心,美德是不会走远的。
Wait, is a hard word to the hungry.
等待,对饥饿的人来说是一个很难的词。
War is pleasant to those who have not tried it.
战争对于没有经历过的人来说是愉快的。
Watching women is labour in vain.
观察妇女是徒劳的。
Water is the strongest drink; it drives mills.
水是最烈的饮料;它使工厂。
Water quenches the thirst but does not teach you how to sing.
水能解渴,却不能教你唱歌。
We beat the sack and mean the miller.
我们被解雇了,意思是解雇磨坊主。
We cannot all be Pope of Rome.
我们不可能都是罗马教皇。
We do in haste what we repent at leisure.
草率行事,后悔莫及。
We do not walk on our legs, but on our will.
我们走路不是靠腿,而是靠意志。
We give to the rich, and take from the poor.
我们施舍给富人,索取穷人。
We hang little thieves, and take off our hats to great ones.
我们把小贼挂起来,向大贼脱帽致敬。
We knock in jest, and it is opened in earnest.
我们开玩笑地敲门,门就开了。
We know what we have, but not what we shall get.
我们知道我们拥有什么,但不知道我们将得到什么。