When the bait's worth more than the fish, it's time to stop fishing.
当鱼饵比鱼更值钱时,就该停止钓鱼了。
When the bait's worth more than the fish, it's time to stop fishing.
当鱼饵比鱼更值钱时,就该停止钓鱼了。
When the candles are all out, all women are fair.
当蜡烛都灭了,所有的女人都是公平的。
When the dead man sings it may last a very long time.
当死人唱歌时,它可能会持续很长一段时间。
When the eagle is dead, the crows pick out his eyes.
鹰死后,乌鸦会啄出它的眼睛。
When the fox preaches, beware of your geese.
狐狸说教,当心鹅群。
When the fruit fails, welcome haws.
果实不成熟时,欢迎山楂。
When the glow worm lights her lamp, the air is always very damp.
当萤火虫点亮她的灯时,空气总是很潮湿。
When the glow-worm lights her lamp, the air is always very damp.
萤火虫点亮她的灯时,空气总是很潮湿。
When the water's high, the boat's high.
水高时,船也高。
When you argue with a fool, make sure he is not doing the same.
当你和一个傻瓜争论时,要确保他不会做同样的事。
When you see gossamer flying, be sure the air is drying.
当你看到游丝飞舞,一定要确保空气干燥。
When you see the gossaner flying, be sure the air is drying.
当你看到游丝飞舞时,确保空气干燥。
When you throw dirt, you lose ground.
当你扔土的时候,你失去了地面。
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live you life in a manner so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.
当你出生的时候,你哭了,全世界都为你高兴。以这样一种方式生活,当你死去时,世界为你哭泣而你欣喜。
When your neighbour's house is on fire, beware of your own.
当你邻居的房子着火时,当心你自己的。