Two blows on the head cause pain.
头上挨了两拳会痛。
Two blows on the head cause pain.
头上挨了两拳会痛。
Two watermelons cannot be carried in one hand.
两只西瓜不能放在一只手里。
Tyrannical, cheating, of bad omen.
残暴的,欺骗的,凶兆的。
Under every down-hanging head dwell a thousand mischiefs.
每一个垂下的脑袋下都住着一千个不幸。
Under this (fine) apparel a he-goat (is hidden).
在这件漂亮的衣服下面藏着一只公山羊。
Unmarried, quarrelsome, and retaining no friend,
没有嫁娶,好争竞,不结交朋友,
Upon every misfortune another misfortune.
每一次不幸之上都有另一次不幸。
Urine alighted upon dirt. " Welcome, my friend," he said.
尿落在泥土上。“欢迎你,我的朋友,”他说。
Verily he loses his way whom blind men guide.
瞎子所领的路,他真是迷路了。
Wait 'til your ass crosses the bridge.
等你的屁股过了桥。
We are all (afflicted) with this disease ; God is the physician.
我们都受这种疾病的折磨;上帝是医生。
We bought him (the jackass) to turn the plaster (of Paris) mill; but he proved fit only for the corn mill.
我们买他(驴)去磨(巴黎)的灰泥;但事实证明,他只适合做玉米磨坊。
We have eaten nothing ; why should we drink ?
我们什么也没吃;我们为什么要喝酒?
We have nothing cooked ; whence came this fiery coal?
我们没有煮熟;这火炭是从哪里来的呢?
We must bear the medicine on account of its usefulness.
由于这种药很有用,我们必须忍受它。