We give and take in turn.
我们轮流给予。
We give and take in turn.
我们轮流给予。
We hate the man whom we have wronged.
我们恨那个被我们冤枉的人。
We hate whom we have injured.
我们恨我们伤害过的人。
We have all been fools in our time.
我们这个时代都是傻瓜。
We judge of the present from the past. [The boy and the wolf.]
我们从过去判断现在。(男孩和狼)
We learn the value of things more in their loss than in their enjoyment.
我们从失去的东西中学到的价值,比从享受的东西中学到的要多。
We lessen our wants by lessening our desires.
我们通过减少欲望来减少我们的需要。
We live more by fashion than common sense.
我们靠时尚生活,而不是靠常识。
We lose the certain things, while we seek the uncertain ones.
我们失去了某些东西,却在寻找那些不确定的东西。
We must live as we can, not as we would wish.
我们必须尽可能地生活,而不是像我们希望的那样生活。
We must not expect everything, everywhere, and from everybody.
我们不应该期望每件事,每一个地方,每一个人。
We need not friends if Providence smiles on us.
如果上帝向我们微笑,我们不需要朋友。
We never profit by the gifts of the wicked.
我们从不从恶人的恩赐中得益。
We pardon faults in youth.
我们宽恕年轻时的过错。
We pay when old for the excesses of youth.
我们年老时为青春的挥霍付出代价。