We perish by permitted things.
我们死于允许的事物。
We perish by permitted things.
我们死于允许的事物。
We receive nothing with so much reluctance as advice.
我们最不情愿地接受劝告。
We shall never be younger.
我们永远不会年轻。
We should eat to live, not live to eat.
吃饭是为了活着,活着不是为了吃饭。
We should trust more to our eyesight than to our ears.
我们应该更多地相信我们的视力,而不是我们的耳朵。
We sow the wind, and reap the whirlwind.
我们种的是风,收的是旋风。
We trust what we see rather than what we hear.
我们相信我们所看到的,而不是我们所听到的。
Wealth is protected and poverty is assisted by concord.
财富得到保护,贫困得到和谐的帮助。
Wealth lightens not the heart and care of man.
财富不能照亮人的心灵和忧虑。
Wealth makes worship.
财富能使人拜倒。
Wealth not acquired by our own labours, but inherited.
财富不是通过我们自己的劳动获得的,而是继承来的。
Wealth, like an index, reveals the character of men.
财富就像一个指数,揭示了人的性格。
Wear not boots too big for your feet.
不要穿对脚来说太大的靴子。
Wear not out your welcome.
不要使你的受欢迎程度降低。
What cannot be removed, becomes lighter through patience.
不能去除的,通过耐心变得更轻。