Don't outstay your welcome like a neighbor's goat.
不要像邻居的山羊一样待得太久而不受欢迎。
Don't outstay your welcome like a neighbor's goat.
不要像邻居的山羊一样待得太久而不受欢迎。
Don't rest your eyes beyond what is your own.
不要让你的眼睛停留在你自己的眼睛之外。
Don't say everything you want to say lest you hear something you would not like to hear.
不要把你想说的话都说出来,以免听到你不想听的话。
Don't take a slate off your own house to put on your neighbor's.
不要拿自己家的石板去贴邻居家的石板。
Don't tell secrets to the children of your relatives.
不要把秘密告诉你亲戚的孩子。
Don't tell your complaint to one who has no pity.
不要把你的抱怨告诉一个没有同情心的人。
Don't tell your secret even to a fence.
不要把你的秘密告诉任何人。
Don't throw out the dirty water until you have the clean water in.
在你把干净的水放进去之前,不要把脏水倒掉。
Drunkenness and anger speak truthfully.
酒后吐真言。
Drunkenness and anger, 'tis said tell the truth.
醉酒和愤怒,它说的是实话。
Eight lives for the men and nine for the women.
男人八命,女人九命。
Even a small thorn causes festering.
即使是很小的刺也会引起溃烂。
Even a tin knocker shines on a dirty door.
即使是锡制的门环也会照在脏门上。
Even a tin knocker will shine on a dirty floor.
即使是锡制的门环也会在肮脏的地板上闪闪发光。
Even a worm will turn.
即使是虫子也会翻身。