Beauty passes; wisdom remains.
美传递;智慧依然存在。
Beauty passes; wisdom remains.
美传递;智慧依然存在。
Better a calf of one's own than a jointly owned cow.
自己养一头牛犊,胜过共同拥有一头母牛。
Better a wise foe than a foolish friend.
宁为聪明的敌人,不作愚蠢的朋友。
Better one day a man than ten days a woman.
一日为男人,胜过十日为女人。
Both the hunted and the hunter rely on God.
被追求者和被追求者都依赖上帝。
Deal with your friends as if they will become your enemies tomorrow, and deal with your enemies as if they will become your friends tomorrow.
对待你的朋友就像他们明天会成为你的敌人一样,对待你的敌人就像他们明天会成为你的朋友一样。
Do not eat the strangers' bread as this diminishes your stature.
不可吃寄居的饼,因为这有损你的身量。
Do not roll up your trousers before reaching the stream.
到达小溪前不要卷起裤子。
Do not throw the arrow which will return against you.
不要把箭射回去,箭必反射你。
Do what your teacher says but not what he does.
照老师说的做,而不是照他做的做。
Eat and drink with your friends but do not trade with them.
与你的朋友一起吃喝,但不要与他们交易。
Empty words will not fill an empty stomach.
空谈填不饱肚子。
Even the highest tree has an axe waiting at its foot.
即使是最高的树,脚下也有一把斧头。
Every "bad" has its "worse".
每一个“坏”都有它的“更坏”。
Every sheep is hung by his own leg.
人各有所好。