You are not born a leader, you become one.
你不是天生的领导者,你会成为领导者。
You are not born a leader, you become one.
你不是天生的领导者,你会成为领导者。
You ask for the ancestors' help and then help yourself.
你请求祖先的帮助,然后帮助你自己。
You can beat a fool half to death but you can't beat the foolishness out of him.
你可以把一个傻瓜打死一半,但你无法把他的愚蠢打出来。
You can hide wine in a gourd but not in the belly.
酒可以藏在葫芦里,但不能藏在肚子里。
You can learn a lot about someone by observing him when he is hungry.
当一个人饿的时候,你可以通过观察他来了解他。
You can leave without a friend but never without a neighbour.
你可以没有朋友而离开,但决不能没有邻居。
You can never sow rice and expect to harvest maize.
你永远不可能一边播种水稻一边期待收获玉米。
You can only know the fleas in the bed you have slept in.
你只能知道你睡过的床上有跳蚤。
You can out run that which is running after you but not that that's running inside of you.
你可以跑出追逐你的东西,但不能跑出你内心的东西。
You can outrun what is running after you, but not what is running inside of you.
你能跑过追逐你的东西,却跑不过你内心的东西。
You can see the fowl's innerness when the wind is blowing.
当风吹的时候,你可以看到鸟的内心。
You can share the same bed but you can't share the same dream.
你可以同床而不能同梦。
You can stay a thousand miles away from home and still see inside.
你可以呆在离家千里之外,仍然能看到里面。
You can take a goat to the river, but you can't make it drink the water.
你可以把山羊带到河边,但你不能强迫它喝水。
You can teach other people how to learn other languages but you can't teach them how to govern themselves.
你可以教别人如何学习其他语言,但你不能教他们如何管理自己。