When with dwarfs, do not talk about pygmies.
和侏儒在一起时,不要谈论侏儒。
When with dwarfs, do not talk about pygmies.
和侏儒在一起时,不要谈论侏儒。
When you are in a hurry, the horse holds back.
当你匆忙时,马会退缩。
When you are poor, you will have no visitors even if you live in a crowded city; once you become rich, you'll be surprised by visitors from alleged relatives even if you live in a remote location.
当你贫穷的时候,即使你住在一个拥挤的城市,也不会有访客;一旦你变得富有,即使你住在一个偏远的地方,你也会被所谓亲戚的来访所震惊。
When you are very angry, don't go to a lawyer; when you are very hungry, don't be a poet.
当你很生气的时候,不要去找律师;当你很饿的时候,不要做诗人。
When you bow, bow low.
鞠躬时,鞠躬要低。
When you cease to strive to understand, then you will know without understanding.
当你停止努力去理解,那么你就会在不理解的情况下明白。
When you drink from the stream remember the spring.
当你从小溪中饮水时,请记住泉水。
When you drink water, remember where the mountain spring is.
当你喝水的时候,记住山泉在哪里。
When you fall into a pit, either you get out or die.
当你掉进坑里时,你要么出来,要么死掉。
When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out.
当你掉进坑里,你要么死,要么出去。
When you have only two dollars left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a rose with the other.
当你在这个世界上只剩下两块钱的时候,用其中的一块买一条面包,用另一块买一朵玫瑰。
When you have read a book for the first time, you get to know a friend; read it for a second time and you meet an old friend.
当你第一次读一本书的时候,你会认识一个朋友;再读一遍,你就会遇到一位老朋友。
When you lift your hand to strike, you are three-tenths lower than your opponent.
当你举起手击球时,你比对手低十分之三。
When you say one thing, the clever person understands three.
当你说一件事时,聪明人能听懂三件事。
When you want to test the depths of a stream, don't use both feet.
当你想测试河流的深度时,不要用两只脚。