You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.
你不能靠拍拍自己的背来推动自己前进。
You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back.
你不能靠拍拍自己的背来推动自己前进。
You don't need a dog to catch a lame hare.
你不需要一条狗去抓一只跛脚的兔子。
You looked high and low till your iron shoes were worn out but still to no avail. Then you chanced upon it without ever looking.
你上上下下打量了一番,直到你的铁鞋穿破了,可还是无济于事。然后你就在不经意间发现了它。
You must climb the mountain if you would see the plain.
如果你想看到平原,你必须爬山。
You must have crossed the river before you may tell the crocodile he has bad breath.
在你告诉鳄鱼他有口臭之前,你一定已经过河了。
You must scale the mountain if you want to view the plain.
如果你想看平原,你必须攀登那座山。
You must scale the mountains if you would view the plain.
欲穷千里目,更上一层楼。
You need your wits about you the most when you are dealing with an idiot.
当你和一个白痴打交道时,你最需要的是机智。
You never are so easily mistaken as when you think you know the way.
当你认为你认识路的时候,你是最容易犯错误的。
You think you've lost your horse? Who knows, he may bring a whole herd back to you someday.
你以为你的马丢了?谁知道呢,也许有一天他会带着一群牛回来见你。
You want no one to know it? Then don't do it.
你不想让别人知道吗?那就别这么做。
You will never be punished for making people die of laughter.
你永远不会因为让人笑死而受到惩罚。
You will never lose a battle if you know your own situation as well as that of the enemy.
如果你既了解敌人的情况,又了解自己的情况,你就永远不会输掉一场战斗。
You won't get much fat from a dry bone.
你不会从干骨头上得到很多脂肪。
You won't help shoots grow by pulling them up higher.
你把幼苗拔得再高也不会有助于它们的生长。