Distant water won't quench your immediate thirst.
远水救不了近渴。
Distant water won't quench your immediate thirst.
远水救不了近渴。
Do everything at its right time, and one day will seem like three.
事事及时做,一日胜三日。
Do good, reap good; do evil, reap evil.
善有善报;恶有恶报。
Do not add legs to the snake after you have finished drawing it.
画完蛇后,不要给它添腿。
Do not all you can; spend not all you have; believe not all you hear; and tell not all you know.
尽你所能;不要花光你所有的;不要全信你所听到的;不要把你所知道的都说出来。
Do not allow the sheep to die for a halfpenny of tar.
不要让羊为了半便士的焦油而死去。
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself.
不要照愚昧人的愚妄话回答他,恐怕你与他一样。
Do not anxiously hope for that which is not yet come; do not vainly regret what is already past.
不要切望那未到的事。不要徒劳地为已经过去的事后悔。
Do not believe that you will reach your destination without leaving the shore.
不要相信不离开海岸就能到达目的地。
Do not create in anger what you lack in reason.
不要在愤怒中创造你缺乏理智的东西。
Do not do all you can, do not spend all that you have, do not believe all that you hear, and do not tell all that you know.
不要做你所能做的,不要花你所有的,不要相信你所听到的,不要告诉你所知道的。
Do not dress in clothes made of leaves when going to put out a fire.
灭火时不要穿树叶做的衣服。
Do not employ handsome servants.
不要雇佣英俊的仆人。
Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
不要害怕缓慢前进;害怕只是站着不动。
Do not forget little kindnesses and do not remember small faults.
勿忘小恩小德,勿忘小过失。