You can't get blood out of a stone.
你不能把血从石头里取出来。
You can't get blood out of a stone.
你不能把血从石头里取出来。
You can't get blood out of a turnip.
你不能从萝卜里挤出血来。
You can't grease a "pig" so many times that he can't be greased one more time.
你不能给一头“猪”涂那么多次油,以至于它不能再涂一次。
You can't have your cake and eat it too.
鱼与熊掌不可兼得。
You can't judge a book by its cover.
你不能以貌取人。
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
猪耳朵做不成丝钱包。
You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.
要做煎蛋卷就得打破鸡蛋。
You can't milk a cow with your hands in your pants.
你不能把手放在裤子里挤牛奶。
You can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
不能既和野兔一起跑又和猎狗一起追。
You can't squeeze blood from a stone.
你不能从石头里挤出血来。
You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
老狗学不会新把戏。
You can't teach grandma to suck eggs.
你不能教奶奶吃鸡蛋。
You can't teach grandpa to suck eggs.
你不能教爷爷吃鸡蛋。
You cannot flay the same ox twice.
一头牛不能剥两次皮。
You cannot get blood from a stone.
你不能从石头里取血。