You cannot judge a tree by it bark.
不能以貌取人。
You cannot judge a tree by it bark.
不能以貌取人。
You cannot make an omelette without breaking eggs.
要做煎蛋卷就得打破鸡蛋。
You cannot make people honest by an Act of Parliament.
议会的行为不能使人民诚实。
You cannot reason with a hungry belly; it has no ears.
肚子饿了,你就讲不出道理来;它没有耳朵。
You cannot teach old dogs new tricks.
老狗学不会新把戏。
You cannot wash charcoal white.
炭黑不能洗净。
You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.
你得打几个鸡蛋才能做煎蛋卷。
You lose some... and you win some... and some you don't even bother to play.
你失去一些……你赢了一些…有些你甚至懒得玩。
You may find your worst enemy or best friend in yourself.
你可能会在自己身上找到最大的敌人或最好的朋友。
You may poke a man's fire after you've known him for seven years.
认识一个人七年之后,你可能会激怒他。
You must cut your coat according to your cloth.
你必须量入为出。
You must look where it is not as well as where it is.
你必须把它的位置看得和它不在的地方一样好。
You must not expect old heads upon young shoulders.
你不要指望老谋深算。
You need to bait the hook to catch the fish.
你得给鱼钩上饵才能钓到鱼。
You never miss a slice from a cut loaf.
切下的面包,你一块也不会错过。