I saw you at Lucca, I knew you at Pisa.
我在卢卡见过你,在比萨见过你。
I saw you at Lucca, I knew you at Pisa.
我在卢卡见过你,在比萨见过你。
I speak to you, daughter; hear it daughter-in-law.
我对你说,女儿;听到儿媳妇。
I too can lead the geese to water when it rains.
我也能在下雨的时候把鹅带到水边。
I will do what I can, and a little less, to be able to continue at it.
我将尽我所能,少做一点,以便能够继续下去。
If I have lost the ring I still have the fingers.
即使我丢了戒指,我还有手指。
If I sleep, I sleep for myself; if I work, I know not for whom.
如果我睡觉,我是为自己而睡;如果我工作,我不知道为谁工作。
If I went to sea I should find it dry.
如果我出海,我就会发现它是干的。
If a fox is preaching, then beware of your geese.
狐狸讲道,当心鹅群。
If every man would sweep before his own door, the city would soon be clean.
如果每个人都在自家门前扫地,城市很快就会干净了。
If it rained macaroni, what a fine time for gluttons.
如果下起了通心粉雨,那对饕餮者来说真是个好时机。
If it rained maccaroni, what a fine time for gluttons!
如果下起了通心粉雨,这对贪食的人来说是多么美好的时光啊!
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck.
如果它走路像鸭子,嘎嘎叫像鸭子,看起来像鸭子,那它一定是一只鸭子。
If it were not for hope, the heart would break.
如果没有希望,我的心会碎的。
If it were not for the belly, the back might wear gold.
如果没有腹部,背部可能会穿金戴银。
If it's not one thing, it's another.
如果不是一回事,那就是另一回事。