If you dig a pit for others, you might fall into it yourself.
如果你为别人挖了一个坑,你自己可能也会掉进去。
If you dig a pit for others, you might fall into it yourself.
如果你为别人挖了一个坑,你自己可能也会掉进去。
If you have a good cellar at home don't go drinking at the tavern.
如果你家里有个好酒窖,就不要去酒馆喝酒。
If you let them put the calf on your shoulders, it will not be long before they clap on the cow.
如果你让他们把小牛放在你的肩膀上,不久他们就会拍牛。
If you scatter thorns, don't go barefoot.
如果你撒荆棘,就不要赤脚走。
If you throw money away with your hands, you will seek it later with your feet.
如果你用手扔钱,以后你会用脚去找的。
If you want the daughter, you must kiss the mother.
如果你想要女儿,你必须吻她的母亲。
If you want to buy love, love itself is the price you'll have to pay.
如果你想买到爱,爱本身就是你必须付出的代价。
If you would have your work ill done, pay beforehand.
如果你想把工作做不好,就先付钱。
If you would succeed, you must not be too good.
如果你想成功,你一定不能做得太好。
If young men had wit and old men strength everything might be well done.
如果年轻人有智慧,老年人有力量,一切都可以做得很好。
If your head is wax, do not walk in the sun.
如果你的头是蜡状的,不要在阳光下行走。
Ill in kine and worse in beeves.
母牛生病,牛更糟。
Ill luck comes by pounds and goes away by ounces.
祸不单行。
Ill news comes apace.
坏事传千里。
Ill news travels fast.
坏事传千里。