When we think to catch we are sometimes caught.
当我们想要抓住的时候,我们有时会被抓住。
When we think to catch we are sometimes caught.
当我们想要抓住的时候,我们有时会被抓住。
When you are an anvil, bear; when you are a hammer, strike.
当你是铁砧,熊;当你是一把锤子时,击吧。
When you are at Rome do as Rome does.
入乡随俗。
When you are on the road speak not ill of your enemy.
在路上不要说敌人的坏话。
When you are talking about marriage, think about your mother.
当你谈论婚姻时,想想你的母亲。
When you can't get bread, oat-cakes are not amiss.
当你买不到面包时,燕麦蛋糕也不错。
When you can't get meat, chickens and bacon are good.
当你买不到肉的时候,鸡肉和培根是不错的选择。
When you die, your trumpeter will be buried.
你死后,你的号手将被埋葬。
When you eat new bread, don't drink water.
当你吃新面包时,不要喝水。
When you go to a strange house knock at the door.
当你去一个陌生的房子敲门。
Where God has his church the Devil will have his chapel.
上帝有他的教堂,魔鬼就有他的教堂。
Where God sends babbies he sends penny loaves.
上帝把婴儿送到哪里,就把廉价面包送到哪里。
Where MacGregor sits at the head of the table.
麦格雷戈坐在桌子的顶端。
Where force prevails, right perishes.
武力占上风,权利就会消亡。
Where friars abound keep your eyes open.
修士多的地方,你要睁大眼睛。