Hire staff but do it yourself.
雇佣员工,但要自己动手。
Hire staff but do it yourself.
雇佣员工,但要自己动手。
Hope for miracles, but don't rely on one.
期待奇迹,但不要依赖奇迹。
Hope may give a man strength, but not sense.
希望能给人力量,但不能给人理智。
How many will listen to the truth when you tell them?
当你告诉他们真相时,有多少人会听?
How you run your life, that's how your clock will run.
你如何管理你的生活,这就是你的时钟将如何运行。
I can find good in my boss but he is at loggerheads with me.
我能发现我的老板很好,但他和我不和。
I can't sing but I am a musicologist.
我不会唱歌,但我是个音乐学家。
If Fortune calls, offer him a seat.
如果运气好的话,给他一个座位。
If God lived on Earth, all his windows would be broken.
如果上帝住在地球上,他所有的窗户都会被打破。
If God wants people to suffer, he sends them too much understanding.
如果上帝想让人们受苦,他给了他们太多的理解。
If God were living on earth, people would break His windows.
如果上帝生活在地球上,人们会打破他的窗户。
If I am like others, who will be like me?
如果我像别人一样,谁会像我呢?
If I dealt in candles, the sun wouldn't set; if I dealt in shrouds, people would stop dying.
如果我卖蜡烛,太阳就不会落山;如果我穿上寿衣,人们就不会死。
If I try to be like him, who will be like me?
我若效法他,谁能效法我呢?
If Saint Paul's day be fair and clear, it will betide a happy year.
如果圣保罗节是公平和明确的,它将预示着一个快乐的一年。