When a thief kisses you, count your teeth.
当小偷吻你时,数一数你的牙齿。
When a thief kisses you, count your teeth.
当小偷吻你时,数一数你的牙齿。
When both parties are right, it's a bad day for "right."
如果双方都是对的,那么今天就不是“对”的好日子。
When brains are needed, brawn won't help.
当需要脑力时,体力是没用的。
When luck joins in the game, cleverness scores double.
运气好的时候,聪明的人得分加倍。
When someone claims an inheritance, he sometimes has to pay for the funeral.
当有人要求继承遗产时,他有时必须支付葬礼的费用。
When the light is crooked, the shadow is crooked.
光弯曲时,影子也弯曲。
When the ox just stumbles, they all sharpen their knives.
牛一失足,他们都磨刀。
When the time comes for you to live, there aren't enough years.
当你活着的时候,没有足够的时间。
When you have left a country, you have left everyone.
当你离开一个国家,你就离开了所有人。
When you look to the heights, hold on to your hat.
当你往高处看的时候,抓住你的帽子。
When you sweep the house, you find everything.
当你打扫房子时,你会发现所有的东西。
When your enemy falls, don't rejoice -- but don't pick him up either.
当你的敌人倒下时,不要高兴,但也不要把他扶起来。
Who dances at the wedding, weeps at the funeral.
在婚礼上跳舞,在葬礼上哭泣。
Who is not good for himself is no good for others.
对自己不好的人,对别人也不好。
Who talks a lot, talks about himself.
说得多的人,总是在谈论自己。