You can't drive donkeys without a stick, nor horses without spurs.
没有手杖你不能赶驴,没有马刺你也不能赶马。
You can't drive donkeys without a stick, nor horses without spurs.
没有手杖你不能赶驴,没有马刺你也不能赶马。
You can't fight City Hall.
你不能和市政厅作对。
You can't have meat without the bone.
没有骨头就没有肉。
You can't kill your way into heaven.
你不可能通过杀戮进入天堂。
You can't live a long life and remain upright.
你不可能活得又长又正直。
You can't make a rattle with a single walnut in a sack.
你不能把一个核桃放进袋子里就发出嘎嘎声。
You can't punch your way into heaven.
你打不进天堂。
You can't shame the wicked.
你不能羞辱恶人。
You can't sleep and be on guard.
你不能在睡觉的时候保持警惕。
You don't burn incense at an old crucifix.
你不会在一个古老的十字架上烧香。
You don't cast a net into a river that has no fish.
你不会在一条没有鱼的河里撒网。
You don't choose whom to love and not love.
你不能选择爱谁或不爱谁。
You don't light candles to old saints.
你不给老圣徒点蜡烛。
You don't measure a man in hands.
你不会用手去衡量一个人。
You don't spin, you don't weave, or wind, so where did you get this pile of money?
你不纺线,不织布,也不刮风,那你从哪儿弄来这么多钱?