A beautiful woman who is pleasing to men is good only for frightening fish when she falls into the water.
美丽的女人如果能讨男人的欢心,那么她只有在掉进水里吓到鱼的时候才有用。
A beautiful woman who is pleasing to men is good only for frightening fish when she falls into the water.
美丽的女人如果能讨男人的欢心,那么她只有在掉进水里吓到鱼的时候才有用。
A flower falls even though we love it and a weed grows even though we do not love it.
一朵花即使我们爱它也会凋零,一棵杂草即使我们不爱它也会生长。
Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind.
做思想的主人,而不是思想的主人。
Better to see the face than to hear the name.
与其闻其名,不如见其人。
Better to sit all night than to go to bed with a dragon.
与其和一条龙一起睡觉,不如整夜坐着。
Better to struggle with a sick jackass than carry the wood by yourself.
与其一个人扛木头,不如和一头病驴搏斗。
Chop wood, carry water.
砍柴挑水。
Clouds gone, the mountain appears.
云去了,山就出现了。
Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish your opinions.
不要追求真理,只有停止珍惜你的意见。
From the withered tree, a flower blooms.
枯树上开出一朵花。
Hide your body in the Big Dipper.
把你的身体藏在北斗七星里。
If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.
如果我们面对正确的方向,我们所要做的就是继续走。
If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
如果你明白,事情就是这样;如果你不明白,事情就是这样。
If you want a certain thing, you must first be a certain person. Once you are that certain person, obtaining that certain thing will no longer be a concern of yours.
如果你想要某样东西,你必须先成为某个人。一旦你成为了那个人,获得那个东西就不再是你关心的事了。
If you wish to know the truth then hold opinion for or against anything; truth then is obvious to an open mind.
如果你想知道真相,那就支持或反对任何事情;真理对一个开放的头脑来说是显而易见的。