The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
深刻的个人生活总是扩展成超越自身的真理。
The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
深刻的个人生活总是扩展成超越自身的真理。
The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.
拥有知识并不会扼杀好奇心和神秘感。总是有更多的神秘。
The reason that you are blessed in excess with anything is so that you can give it away to someone else in need.
你之所以有如此多的福气,是因为你可以把它送给其他需要帮助的人。
The same hot lightning that burns your blood with passion–– cools your fears with peace.
同样炽热的闪电用激情燃烧你的血液——用平静冷却你的恐惧。
The secret to joy is to keep seeking God where we doubt he is.
喜乐的秘诀就是在我们怀疑神的地方不断寻求他。
The smallest flower is a thought, a life answering to some feature of the Great Whole, of whom they have a persistent intuition.
最小的花是一种思想,是一种生命,它符合伟大整体的某种特征,对伟大整体有一种持久的直觉。
The spiritual life does not remove us from the world but leads us deeper into it.
属灵的生命并没有把我们从世界上赶出去,而是带领我们进入更深的世界。
The spiritual path can only be traveled through the daily experience of love.
精神之路只能通过日常的爱的体验来旅行。
The theatre is a spiritual and social X-ray of its time.
剧院是那个时代的精神和社会的x光片。
The things that we love tell us what we are.
我们爱的东西告诉我们我们是什么。
The tragedy is that what you disapprove of in others is the very thing you disapprove of in yourself.
悲剧就在于你不赞同别人的地方,恰恰就是你不赞同自己的地方。
The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.
衡量成功的真正标准是你能从失败中恢复多少次。
The true test of one's mettle is how many times you will try before you give up.
对一个人勇气的真正考验是在你放弃之前你会尝试多少次。
The valid research for the future is on the inner side, on the spiritual side.
对未来的有效研究是在内在方面,在精神方面。
The world has yet to see what God will do with a man fully consecrated to him.
世人还没有看见神怎样待一个全然成圣的人。